TEEN COURT VOLUNTEERS
Teen Court is always looking for both teen and adult volunteers to keep this program running.
- Meet new people
- Learn about the judicial system
- Support and strengthen families
We are always on the look out for Teen Volunteers! Whether you are required to complete hours for school or just want to volunteer for a day or two, we can always use the help. We have locations in Waimea, Kona and Hilo. We take 10 y/o -17 y/o volunteers. There are a lot of reasons you should volunteer! Here are some of the top reasons Teen Court is the best place to volunteer at:
- Youth have the opportunity to earn high school credit/Service Learning Credit through some schools
- You get to sit in on real life court cases, and be part of a courtroom
- You can request training on how to be a judge, state attorney or defense attorney!
- We hold several other workshops, community projects and activities that you can join in on. This includes Arts & Crafts, working with kids and getting prepared for life after High School.
- Fun to do
- Boost your college resume
- Meet new people
- The best for last, free pizza and soda at the end of each court case!
For more information on Teen Court or volunteer applications, please contact Amanda Quinn at 808-969-7838.
If you are an adult who wants to give back to the community and help our next generation, give us a call. We accept adult volunteers for a variety of events and for Teen Court itself. Adult volunteers help by supervising youth, set up of the courtroom, moderating jury duty discussion and on occassion facilitating a group activity.
- Sample Volunteers Needed:
- Part time adult facilitators
- Shifts at annual events
- Guest speakers
- Adults who have a trade/story/or activity to share
- Help with food drives
- Work on continous projects
- Mentor life skills – how to sew, how to change a tire or cook food
- Experience in the legal system, police officer, retired attorney
If you are a nonprofit organization and would like to be a community service site, give us a call. We have annual projects such as food drives that we can use some additional help with. There are continous projects and once a year projects that you can help out with!
- Animal Shelter Project
- Mock Interview Practice
- Prom Dress Drive
- Rummage Sale
- Project Hawaii Events